Hill Country Associates represents a number of leading providers of Medicare Supplement Insurance for individuals 65 years of age or older and/or Social Security disabled. Sometimes referred to as “Medi-Gap”, this coverage assists in covering the deductibles and co-pays required by Medicare Parts A and B.
NOT CONNECTED WITH OR ENDORSED BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR THE FEDERAL MEDICARE PROGRAM.
Click here to request a quote for this product. You can also print it out and fax it to 512.863.5260 or mailed to our business address. Please contact us directly at 512.773.8412 to discuss a quote over the phone.
2010 MEDICARE PART A
Part A is Hospital Insurance and covers costs associated with confinement in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
2010 Medicare Part B
Part B covers doctor bills and tests, usually at 80%.
When purchasing a Medicare Supplement policy, keep one thought in mind: Federal law dictates that the coverage cannot differ between companies. A basic“ F” Plan with any company is exactly the same as a basic “F” plan with any other company. The only things that can differ are COST and CUSTOMER SERVICE. Customer Service includes a company’s financial strength and its ability to pay claims promptly.
Examples of insurance companies you may choose from through Hill Country Associates:
- American Continental/Genworth
- Mutual of Omaha
- United of Omaha
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Sentinel Insurance
See the publication "Medicare and You" from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) provided to Medicare beneficiaries.
Medicare Advantage Plans are relatively new to Texans and are to be considered alternatives to traditional Medicare and Medicare Supplements. At the current time, we represent only one plan in Texas. Others are available and will be evaluated to determine those that are best for our clients.
Following is a brief comparison of Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Plans:
Pro's of Medicare Supplements:
- Almost total coverage for all medical needs of Seniors, depending on which plan is selected.
- Universal acceptance -- any doctor, any hospital, anywhere that accepts Medicare.
- Availability from many providers at various rates.
Pro's of Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Cost is usually $0 per month. (Must continue to pay Part B. (usually a Social Security deduction.)
- Part "D" (prescription coverage) is included, with no need to purchase separately.
- Only one medical condition (end-stage renal disease) is used as a criteria for non-coverage.
- Especially helpful for Social Security disabled persons, with better coverage than Medicare Supplements for those under 65 and social security disabled.
- Some coverages are available in excess of original Medicare and Medicare Supplements.
Medicare Advantage Plans available through Hill Country Associates in Texas:
Physicians Health Choice and Arcadia/Texas Community Care